On the Île de la Cité, superb halls from the former royal palace and the prisons of the Revolutionary Tribunal.
The present monument forms only a part of the former palace of the Capetian dynasty. Charles V ceased using the palace in the 14th century and decided to house his law courts here. The Concierge, or keeper, was appointed by the king and was responsible for policing within the palace walls.
At the end of the 18th century, many prisoners detained by the Revolutionary Tribunal were held in the Conciergerie, including Marie-Antoinette.
Designated world heritage site by UNESCO.
Subject to modification.
- 2nd January to 31st December: from 9.30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Last admission 30 minutes before closing time.
- 1st January, 1st May and 25th December
- Number of floors visited during the tour: 2
- Unaccompanied tour with guide booklet: French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Polish
• Duration: from 30 min to 2 hrs
- Lecture tour: French, English
• Reservations: tel.: (33) (0)1 44 54 19 30 - fax: (33) (0)1 44 54 19 31
Duration: 1 hr 30 min
- Slide show: Slide show display with English and Spanish subtitles
- Prestigious visit outside standard opening hours
• Reservation required
- Seating available during the tour
- Gift shop
- Parking for coaches (port de la Bourdonnais, port de Suffren, port de Bercy, Louvre, Beaubourg)
- Buses can not take or drop off people on the Île de la Cité
- Function room rental (450 to 900 people)
- Adults: 8,50 €
- Concessions: 5,50 €
- Rate for tourism professionals and groups (minimum 20 people)6,50 €
Joint ticket Sainte-Chapelle and Conciergerie:
- Adults: 12,50 €
- Concessions: 8,50 €
- Rate for tourism professionals and groups (minimum 20 people): 9,50 €
- Free admission: minors under 18*
Free admission: 18-25 years old* (citizens of one of the 27 countries of the EU or are non-European permanent residents of France)
* excluding school groups
- Central Paris: Near Sainte-Chapelle and Notre-Dame-de-Paris Cathedral
- Metro: Châtelet, Saint-Michel, Cité
- RER A, B, D: Châtelet-les-Halles,
- RER B, C: Saint-Michel, Notre-Dame
2, boulevard du Palais
Fax: (33) (0)1 53 40 60 96