What is it?
Established in 2007, the label « Maître Restaurateur » is a real recognition for traditional restaurants. It values the expertise and best practices. It is a real label of quality and is the only issued by the French state.
The main aims are:
- recognize the best professionals of traditional catering,
- valorize their skills and their engagement to quality,
- the quality "Maître Restaurateur" is the warranty of a refined cuisine with natural food by a team of profesional.
The evaluation focuses on the following lines
Products of the table:
• The customer relationship
• Interior facilities
• The environment and the external (if exists)
• Hygiene, safety and cleanliness
Dishes offered must be various: at least 4 starters, 4 main dishes and 4 desserts.
Besides, at least a starter or a main dish or a dessert has to be renewed daily.
« Maître Restaurateur » title is delivred for 4 years by the prefet of a French region. In November 2010, we listed 1 300 Maîtres Restaurateurs. We are expecting an average of 3 000 to 2012.
What is changes for you:
The label guarantees to customers:
- Fresh food,
- No dishes already prepared,
- Perfect preparation of the table with a good style and cleaned elements in good condition,
- Inform, advise and answer to customers with all information needed,
- Put up useful information like prices, services, opening time, payment…
- Stay polit and thank the visitors when they are living,
- Cleaned decoration and in good conditions,
- The staff at the reception has to be well-dressed, cleaned and in harmony with the place,
- The loo in good condition, cleaned and with a bright light, with all equipement to make customers like at home,
- Inform customers about facilities and equipments for welmcoming disabled people and kids,
- Parking (free or not),
- Neat kitchen.