Marseille-Provence 2013 creates a new type of path - peri-urban and artistic! This 280 km footpath in the infinite shape of a figure 8 provides visitors with novel and artistic walks and hikes.
Audio-guided tours, scenic picnics, off-beat exploration of the region with the sudden appearance of unexpected objects along the route, as well as informational aids and technological devices, provide a unique walking and hiking experience through Provence.
An original idea created by a walking troupe of artists in partenrship with the Fédération française de randonnée pédestre (French hiking federaiton).
GR® 2013 rendez-vous
Official opening of the GR® 2013
Take part in a major participative relay race to discover the 360 km GR® 2013 in a single weekend.
- Pays de Martigues - 13 & 14 April
- Salon-de-Provence - 27 & 28 April
- Miramas - 4 May
- Aubagne - 7 to 12 May (for the Festival de la Randonnée)
- Vitrolles and Aix-en-Provence - 24 to 26 May (for the Fête du Plateau)
- Istres - 28 to 30 June (for the Fête de l'Eau)
- Marseille - 12 to 15 September (for the European Heritage Days)